As the current COVID 19 rules and regulations are constantly changing please check with Club reception about the latest restrictions.
• We will be regularly cleaning areas and surfaces that are frequently touched, observing Safe Work Australia’s ‘cleaning’ standards applying to hospitality venues.
• We encourage patrons to adopt Safe Work Australia’s ‘hygiene’ standards applying to hospitality venues, and we will be encouraging patrons to clean their hands regularly. Alcohol-based sanitiser will be made available at Club entries and exits, as well as other locations throughout the venues and we will be directing patrons to clean their hands at handwashing facilities
• We will encourage contactless payments at point of sale stations where signage will be displayed
• We will encourage employees to clean their hands every 30 minutes
• Our Covid19 Marshal’s are also hygiene ambassadors, who have the responsibility to ensure employees and patrons maintain the above standards and ensure there are adequate waste management facilities including rubbish bins available
• We have updated our main restrooms at the Club, and we will now be taking additional measures to clean and promote hygiene in our restrooms.
• We will clean frequently touched surfaces more regularly and display signs demonstrating recommended hand washing methods.
• If we reasonably believe a person on our premises has a Covid19 symptom (defined below), we must:
• cause the person to be removed from the premises.
• notify the person that they should be tested for Covid19 at the nearest testing location.
The Covid19 symptoms are:
– sore throat;
– shortness of breath
• Record the names of all patrons entering the premises on any day
• Strongly encourage patrons to download and use the CovidSAFE app
• Only permit entry to members
• Notify NSW Health within 6 hours of becoming aware that a person with Covid19 (including an employee) was on the premises
• We have taken measures to ensure employees understand and comply with Club Harrington work, health, and safety duties
• All employees have or are completing Covid19 infection control training delivered by the Australian Government.
• We will be displaying Covid19 related signage by the Australian and NSW Governments throughout the venue
As a community-based organisation, we are continuing to take advice on Covid19 (Coronavirus) seriously, and as a result we have implemented the measures outlined above to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees, members, guests and visitors.
Our primary concern is:
• To protect people,
• Ensure our obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW) and
• Maintain our duty of care to our employees, and to persons on, or seeking to visit our premises.
Our employees will be discouraged from engaging in personal contact, such as the shaking of hands with fellow staff, members, guests, and visitors. Please do not take this in any other way than as a preventative and control measure to help prevent the spread of viruses.
The Club is also increasing the frequency of sanitisation to the ‘high touch areas’ including bathrooms, door handles and buttons.
The Club will continue to monitor the advice of ClubsNSW and our own independent legal advice and implement changes as we are advised accordingly.
NSW Health has also offered the following advice for patrons:
• stay home and do not attend if you are feeling unwell
• stay home and do not attend if you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days.
Should the advice from the NSW Government or Australian Government change, the Club will update its policies accordingly.
While onsite at the Club, employees, members, guests, and visitors are encouraged to practise good personal hygiene including:
• cleaning your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub
• cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow
The Club and our employees are taking our re-opening seriously and we have implemented a few measures in our dining facilities including:
• Removal of cutlery from all tables. Cutlery will be delivered with your meals
• Increased sanitation of all work and public spaces
• Additional staff training
• Increased use of gloves, including in the acceptance of deliveries
• Removal of ‘help yourself’ sauce and cutlery station
Persons who do not cooperate with our advice in relation to Covid19 will be asked to leave our premises.
Club Harrington Board of Directors, Management and Staff will endeavour to ensure that our Club is a safe place as we progress through this staged re-opening process. We certainly do welcome you all back and hope to see you all over the coming days, weeks and months ahead of us.