- Membership is aimed at amateur fishers and encourages participation in organised Club activities with a view to social enjoyment.
- Two Categories of Fishers are recognised – Rock, Beach, and Estuary (RBE) as well as Bluewater (BW) – one membership covers both categories if a member wishes to fish both.
- Cost of membership is $10 per annum – Juniors are free providing a parent/caregiver is a member – membership renewal occurs after the AGM which is generally held in early June. Committee office bearers are also elected at the AGM.
- Monthly Competition Outings are conducted (see separate calendars) with a WeighIn and a free BBQ for members (at Oxley Reserve near Club, between midday and 1pm on the Sunday of the Outing) – Points are awarded as per Rules and Procedures.
- An Annual Presentation Night is held at Club Harrington in May each year – VariousAwards are presented on this night. For example, the winners of prizes for each outings, the Largest Fish of each species caught during an Outing for the year, Largest Fish of each species caught Out of Outings for the year, Special Awards as determined by the committee, Champion fisher in each category and division as well as Overall Club Champion.
- Our primary source of revenue is from Raffles which are conducted at Club Harrington at 7pm on the 4th Friday of each month. – members are encouraged to come to the Club and support these raffles.
Persons interested in becoming members can leave their details with the reception at Club Harrington and a member of the committee will make contact.
Rules and Divisions
Bluewater (BW) and Rock Beach Estuary (RBE) Rules and Divisions
- All fish to be weighed in Gilled and Gutted (Both RBE and BW) – Each fisher must have their own Esky etc at Weigh-Ins.
- Fish can be weighed in at Harrington Bait and Tackle, with Recorderor at BBQ Weigh In (between midday and 1pm on the Sunday of the Outing) – no other weigh-ins permitted. Fishers must weigh in own fish at outings. If not able to attend Weigh-In committee shall be consulted re fish and fisher.
Please note if done at Taree Coop or Harrington Bait and Tackle for Out of Outings, weight must have the signature of the person who weighed the fish and date or they will not be accepted.
- A maximum of 2 Weigh-Ins (BW and RBE) for veterans permitted during an outing – slips submitted after the outing BBQ will not be accepted. – BW may fish RBE on days unsuitable for BW – Max 2 days if fishing in Both RBE and BW ie one day in each example Friday BW and Saturday RBE with 2 weigh-ins in total allowed.
(Cannot fish 3 days BW water and 2 days RBE)
- Boundaries forRBE– Southern Wall of Camden Haven Inlet to Northern Wall at Tuncurry. Wallamba River east of Pacific Highway, Camden Haven River east of the Pacific Highway, Manning River downstream from the Martin Bridge, Lansdowne River downstream from Ghinni Ghinni Creek.
- Boundaries for BW– Laurieton in the north and Tuncurry in the south – fish must be caught at sea and in a boat.
- Personal safety and caution to be exercised at all times – BW Fishers may elect to fish in RBE division if weather is unsuitable for BW fishing – at all times Fishers in boats elect to leave the wharf at their own risk. The parent/guardian is responsible for the safety and supervision of Junior members.
- If a monthly species prize is not awarded for an outing, that prize will carry over to the next month – if still not awarded, it will cease.
- Outing Dates may change due to the inclusion of Mid North Coast events.
- Fishers must fish and attend a minimum of 6 Weigh-Ins during the year to be eligible for end of year prizes.
- Points are calculated per fisher – 10 points per kg – 1 point per fish and 5 points for attending Weigh-In BBQ.
- Size/bag limits are as set but may change to comply with NSW Fisheries Rules.
- Abalone gut is banned by NSW Fisheries for use as bait. Any member found using abalone gut for bait will be disqualified.
Membership Divisions(Both BW and RBE)
Vets Divisions – Men and Women (Over 55)
* Persons under 55 who want to fish Vets may apply to Committee for consideration.
All Vets Divisions can fish from 5am Wednesday to 10am Sunday with maximum 2 days fished.
Men’s, Women’s, Junior’s (under 18)
Men’s, Women’s and Juniors Divisions can fish from 5pm Friday to 10am Sunday
Please do not litter and remove all rubbish – everyone has this responsibility